Friday, April 11, 2014

A Springtime Surprise!

As I was peacefully watching Big Bang Theory last night, suddenly heard fireworks going off nearby!  Occasionally people have been setting them off in the empty lot across the street but this was down at Ft. Fisher, probably at the Air Force Recreation Center which is about 1/2 a mile from the house.  When they started, it was still pretty light out and it took me a bit to keep changing the camera settings so I could maximize the impact.  It went on for quite some time.  I have no idea what they were celebrating or why.  There was nothing in the paper and certainly no warning ahead of time.  What fun on a beautiful spring evening right on my porch!!


It's getting darker.











Of coure no blog would be complete without at least one bird!  This cardinal was sitting on the electric line right by the house -- an unusual place to see him.  Usually he hides in the palm tree and annoys the cats!

1 comment:

knutty knitter said...

I saved one for my wallpaper :)

Very nice.

viv