Friday, September 12, 2014

GVQC September Meeting

 Yesterday was the first meeting of the 2014-2015 quilt year at GVQC.  As I have been trying to de-stash, yesterday was a sale day for me.  So after having a mammogram at 6:45 in the morning (serves me right for calling so late for an appt.!), I lugged several boxes filled with fabric and books.  It was very busy and I did well.  I gave the leftovers to our Comfort Quilt group and the Community Quilting Bee.  

A perfect segue into the picture as there was an abundance of quillts for the Comfort Quilt project -- I think she said 47 were turned in this month.  This picture and the next two are collages of as many of the quilts as I could get from the back of the room as they were of course moving fast across the stage!




This was a nice "disappearing nine-patch".

Another closeup of a simple but very effective quilt layout.


As usual, there were many beautiful quilts in show and tell but this was one of my favorites by Lynn MacDonald.  This is a little tricky to figure out the pattern but think it is one of those that kind of uses a pattern in the sashing to create the look.  Will have to look at some more!

I was at quite a disadvantage for taking pictures as I was standing in the "show and tell" line.  This was an absolutely stunning dahlia quilt by one of our newer members. 
Of course I always like a good "one block wonder".  Wonder what the fabric was?

There were two of these beautiful wedding ring quilts.  Loved the quilting but again don't have the name of the maker!

Another really lovely quilt.

Our speaker and teacher for this month was Luanne Corts and her topic was "Up to My Eyeballs in Scraps".

One of the many scrap quilts that Luanne talked about.

No comments: