Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Quilters By the Sea January Meeting -- Deb Karasik

Over the past 20 years, I have been to many quilt guild meetings in two states, a lot of major quilt venues with tons of nationally known teachers.  With that as a preface, I must say that Deb Karasik was one of the funniest and most fun speakers ever.  There have been only  been a couple of others in the past that should have been doing stand-up and Deb was right up there with them!!  In addition, her quilts and her quilting were stunningly beautiful -- almost made me want to go do paper piecing which I am not a big fan of!!  Her class was full with a waiting list!

After seeing her quilts with the magnificent machine quilting, I was hesitant to even show the three that I had for show and tell!


This was the ladies with their class projects!


I won't attempt to do anything but show the pictures of her quilts which I got to the best of my ability. Her website is Deb Karasik's website .

Many of the patterns for these quilts are available at her website as well as tools and paper.  I highly recommend inviting her for a trunk show!!

She describes herself as a former hippie and is originally from San Francisco although now we are lucky to have her in North Carolina (Durham).






 This is the back of one of the quilts showing her intense machine quilting which she does with  a mid-arm machine at home -- no long arm.




This is the back again showing all the wonderful quilting as well as some additional ornamentation.



















I will publish another post later with the show and tell from this meeting as well as the start of another quilt using my mandalas.

1 comment:

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I saw Deb at my Kingwood Area Quilt Guild. I loved all her work, she is a wonderful lady. We made a tree moon wall hanging. She is such fun and a great teacher.
Stephanie