Friday, November 17, 2017

Miscellaneous Projects


 A few Monarchs are still hanging around but the flowers from this bush are gone.  Most have moved further south.
I took  spin around Greenfield Lake a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't done any posts the last couple of weeks as I had a guest from out of town and the weather was just awful so I wouldn't have been able to take any pictures and I certainly couldn't work on any projects.

 This is a rather ragged Long Tailed Skipper. Notice the pretty blue though.  





I had a lot of ice dyed fabric from when I was just folding and getting repeating patterns rather than the mandalas that I have been doing recently.  There were  a few that I wasn't crazy about so thought I would make them into totes so that I could have the same pattern on both sides.  I am pleased with how this very basic tote turned out and may do some enhancements on the others.

We have a challenge in our quilt club to do two post cards with a seasonal theme.  Even though I am in the land of palm trees, I like the look of snow other places!!  These are my contributions and hopefully no one from the club will see these before Monday night!  Each postcard is 4 inches x 6 inches and I have the small quilts fused onto Timtex.  I swear they took me as long to make as some quilts!!  There is some sewing and a lot of fusing and then quilting.


The middle tree here has "lights" on it but hard to see here.  Also some snowflakes are free motion quilted on both of the postcards.

This block seemed to be a good candidate for cutting up as it was not as symmetrical as I would like.

Next after cutting apart, I will need to decide what to put between the sections as well as what the background will be.

After several attempts, I found this blue which I will use as the background triangles I think.  Howevere, I won't use it between the blocks and am now in the process of deciding what to do with each individual section.  

I have to make some Christmas presents during the next month as well -- blouses for my daughter (she doesn't ever look at my blog so I am safe!!).  Biggest problem is that I left the pattern that I made for her back in NY!  I will have to borrow a blouse again and redraft the pattern so she will know however, she won't know what fabric I have found!!




 




No comments: