Friday, December 8, 2017

Deer, Totes and Birds!!

I went down to the recreation area at Ft. Fisher and there were a lot of deer hanging around.  It was very late afternoon but lightening up the photos really helped and showed how nice looking they were. 

I think a doe and a fawn from this year.  I haven't seen my bucks again but think they may have dropped their antlers by now so they may be in the crowd.  There were probably 8-10 the other day.

 There was one lone Royal Tern down at Ft. Fisher on this miserable rainy day.


I liked the pose of this Snowy Egret down at Ft. Fisher.

There was a nice flock of Horned Grebes down at Ft. Fisher.  It was very dreary and dark.


Here are three  hanging out.


Drying out his wings.  You can see the one patches on the wings.


Here are eight of the 12 or so Horned Grebes that were down there.

 I have a ton of leftover Dear Jane blocks -- most are the ones from my original DJ exchange.  I have made three quilts already from the blocks,, one king and two queens.  I also gave away about 200 for auction at quilt club.  I still have over 200 so it is time to do something with them.  I did use some as a border on one small quilt.  I have a preliminary thought but we shall see.  I also have a pillow challenge in February.


 I have been using some of my less favorite pieces of ice dyed fabrics to make totes.  These were pieces that I just folded into eighths rather than the mandalas I have been doing lately.  I cut the  pieces into basically fat quarter units so that the front and the back of the bags match.  The neat part is that the sides match also.  I think that Christmas presents are in order!  They are nice sturdy bags lined with both interfacing and fusible fleece.

I have basically two of each bag.  

No comments: