Tuesday, February 20, 2018

QBTS February Meeting -- the Pillow Challenge!

The front of the room is much too small for all the neonatal quilts that were done this past month.  The really bad weather must have been some motivation!!

 The  next three pictures are also all neonatal quilts and there were a lot more!!



These were pillows 1 and 2 in the Pillow Challenge.  The first is a tooth fairy pillow and adorable.  The second was Becky's yo-yo pillow in beautiful colors.

These are pillows 3 through 6.  The first was a beautifully pieced pillow.  The second was our own Michele's bunny pattern.  The third was a vintage cross-stitch which was restored and turned into a pillow and the fourth was a beautiful scrappy strip pieced pillow.

These are pillow 7 though 10.  Who could not love the kitties in pillow 1.  Pillow 2 was all pieced using Ruth McDowell patterns and techniques and the third one was a bit of a mystery to me but I think it was using a weaving technique.  It was subtle and gorgeous.  The fourth one was a collage of pictures of places around North Carolina all transferred to fabric -- incredible!!

This was my addition which was the result of a happy accident.  This was one of those UFOs I had last summer that I finally quilted but didn't bind.  I happened to look at it and think that it might be just the same size as a pillow I had planned on recovering which was sitting in my sewing room.  It was a perfect match.  The pattern was from a class I took probably ten years ago at least as I didn't have my blog back then!!

 These are the last two but certainly not the least.  Incredible piecing on the black one and nice Valentines pillow for the last one.

And the winners are!!!  I voted for the kitties of course and that was first with the spiral second and the leaves piece coming in third!


 This and the next were Quilts of Valor.




 This baby quilt and the teddy bear were made from fragments of clothing from a recently deceased grandfather to be.  It was especially requested by his daughter who gathered up the pieces.  It was just lovely.


Show and Tell is always my favorite part of the evening -- I love seeing what everyone is making!!  The yellow on this photo is merely a shadow.  Beautiful red and white quilt.


This was a piece by our own Michele May.  She is teaching in Houston again this year!! 
This was all Kaffe Fassett fabrics!!  I love Kaffe's fabrics too and will bring them down with me next year.  This year was the black and white which I have yet to use!! 
The next three were baby quilt and tops that all have to be done in two weeks for awaiting babies in the family!! 


This was a very large quilt and the first large quilt doe by a new quilter!!  Beautiful!!




I believe she said that this was a "row by row" quilt.  It was gorgeous and probably my favorite for the evening! 
 A beautiful blue and white sampler quilt.


This was a tote done for a  niece who was leaving soon for Paris.  My daughter would love this for traveling on planes! 


Two very nice table runners.

This was a seahorse made with cross stitch and then quilted.  A close-up of the cross stitch is below. 


Here are three of the pieces done from the recent class.  Miranda was the most creative in her interpretation but I loved the colors they all used.  

No comments: