Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Lions are Starting to Sit Up and Take Notice!



Well, Priscilla pronounced this a giant white heart on background. More optimistically, I think I am making progress although I will have to redo a large section on the right hand side (not shown finished in the picture). The female lion is a lot lighter than the male but not as light as I had first pieced her. I really feel like it is beginning to come together. Once I reach a certain point, I become possessed but that hasn't come to pass yet!!

Priscilla has finished putting together her leaves and today she managed to get it basted with batting and backing so now ALL she has to do is the machine quilting. Marcia has thrown down the gauntlet, challenging Priscilla to get it done by next Wednesday despite the fact that Priscilla won't be home a large part of the time between now and then!! Luckily Priscilla doesn't require a lot of sleep!!


It was a great day of fun at Marcia's where we determined many of the categories for prizes in our Iron Quilter challenge at the quilt show in June. We have 15 people signed up for it now and it looks to be a lot of fun. People are begging us for the theme which is a deep dark secret!

2 comments:

Judy Warner said...

The lions looks like a totally awesome project, Beth! Wow!

Unknown said...

Beth, would you mind sharing how your Iron Quilter contest works?