I finished all the machine quilting (all in the ditch around all the images). I was trimming it up in preparation for adding the purple binding and managed to slice through part of the quilt!! My rotary cutter never works that well through many layers when I want it too....
Anyway, I cut off the top three rows of the quilt, reattached the border (had to do some piecing as it had to be longer now) and added some scraps of the backing that I luckily had lef over as well as some batting.
This is the quilt all finished and it looks better a little shorter and it's still long enough for a 3 year old! Ended up being about 40 x 60 inches.
The little girl has a unicorn that she carries everywhere so I took the cut-off part and made a small quilt for the unicorn.
They were both a big hit but especially the unicorn quilt.
II decided that I would sew these 2 tops together for a good sized quilt for my daughter. I put black binding on it and am sewing it on and hoping to get it in the mail. It has music fabric on the back in case she doesn't like this side. Both she and her husband are into music.
In the meantime, I am madly machine quilting a number of charity quilts. Hopefully I will have the batting for the 10 baby quilt tops I have finished sometime next week!