Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Three Baby Quilts and one Sweet Charity Quilt

I am trying to finish all the UFOs that I have accumulated over the summer and last spring.  I have made a couple of quilts already from this fruit fabric and found enough blocks to make one more.  As usual, I try to do different sets and also sets that use as many of the blocks as I can.  Here is a new beginning!

I tried to find a variety of fabrics to surround the blocks, all from my various scrap bags.  I found enough so that I didn't have to cut any more strips.


Here it is laid out before sewing together.  Had to decide what to do for the outside triangles and finally decided to use one of my darker had dyes.


This is the fabric that was used.


It's done and a pretty good size as the blocks were fairly large for posie blocks.

I made a couple of quilts from this fabric last summer but had enough posie blocks left over to do a baby quilt.  I used some of my hand dyed green to make the four patches.  Using a scrappy four patch took too much attention from the posies.


Laid out and ready to go!



Finished it with more of the green hand dyed fabric.

I had a ton of this rose fabric which has a pretty small repeat.  I had made a bunch of posie blocks when recovering from my surgery and decided they would make good baby quilts.  I made two quilts (shown below) and cut fabric for the backing of both of those (40 x 40 inches) and still have enough left over to make kaleidoscope blocks!  Won't be doing that any time soon!


I did a controlled scrappy set for this one and used some of the above fabric for the border.




This is even more scrappy!













 

No comments: