This is the fabric that I used and the triangles were each about 3 3/4 inches high. There were 48 altogether so I figured two quilts with the above set.
This concentrates the blue but would probably disappear when sewn.
The first one is complete. I used the back of the bright yellow fabric I used in the previous day's quilts. It was much mellower. I decided to go with some white in the middle for variety. I literally pieced small lengths of fabric to make that last border. It was the remainder from the fabric used to make the hexagons.
This is the center of the second quilt before the borders were added. Surprisingly, I got the whole thing finished today!
I have used all the triangles that I had cut up. I still have a bag of hexagons that I really like so will probably save those for later. I want to show off those hexies to their best advantage so have to think about it.
I will head to the basement and see how many quilt backs I can get from my boxes! I have actually been sewing so much, I think I have actually emptied one bookcase if I do some combining!