Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Butterfly Stack and Whack

I continued to make a lot of hexagons from the butterfly fabric.  I really didn't think they would be interesting when I was deciding which configuration to make from each set.  I do this ahead of time so that I don't have to hesitate when sewing.  I was very surprised when I got them together!!  Looking at the fabric, they should have been good but my intermediate step didn't yield anything interesting.


Here all 54 are completed and I decided tht I would make two tops with 27 blocks in each. I then calculated what width to put between the blocks so that it would be a reasonable width to complement the length of 64 inches.  It ended up being 45 inches wide


First top is now done.  I don't think I have enough of the green for the second one so will have to do something different for the second.  I am almost out of the yellow as well.

I did have the second cataract surgery last week and it went 1000% better than the first one.  My eye was clear the next morning and I can see out of my glasses pretty clearly on that side (not perfect but close). My first eye is still not as good as this one but hopefully will improve with new glasses.  My fears that I wouldn't be able to sew or read were for naught!  Now I know that a Kindle Paperwhite is indeed white and not pale yellow!  

Decided to just add the second one to the post.  I used a dark blue just slightly narrower between the rows.  That is the end of the butterfly fabric.  

No comments: