Saturday, July 21, 2018

Just Plain More - Finishing off the Flowered Hexagons

Back to finishing up the last of the large flower print.  I decided to make a full sized quilt out of the remainder of these hexagons.  This ended up 60 x 72. which is a nice size.  I will keep this one.  I should note that the star in the middle grew out of the fact that I was one short in the number of hexagons I needed to make this arrangement!


This is the fabric that I used which I posted before!!


I has cut out the triangles for next set of quilts some time ago and when I auditioned them, I thought i was not going to like the finished hexies.  I decided on 5 inch triangles so I only got 36 hexagons out of the  yardage.  I had put off assembling them until today as they looked like they would be pretty boring even thought the fabric should have worked -- lots of variety of color, no large areas of solids, etc.


I did the first 12 blocks and as always was very surprised by the results!!  At first I thought i would do this arrangement using 12 blocks.


I made six more blocks and decided I would make two quilts three blocks wide and six blocks long.  However, I finally decided that I would go with the 12 block arrangement and make three medium sized quilts rather than anymore large quilts.  Five long would be the ideal but then I would have six blocks left over!

Eyes are still doing well after surgery on second eye.  It is doing so well I almost forget to put my drops in as I am supposed to.  Another month and I will be able to get a new glass prescription.  My right eye is almost okay in current glasses but left eye is way off!  Still need a little more magnification in that right eye though.  As long as I can sew and read, I don't care much.  I read probably close to a book  a day and it would kill me to not be able to do that although I do have Audible now and  use that in the car!  Would be more expensive than the free books on Kindle though!!




1 comment:

Marybeth said...

So glad your eye(s) are healing well!! When I had mine done I went around with only one lens in my glasses until I was ready for the new Rx. The Hexagons continue to be beautiful. What year are you going to run out of fabric? Can you check your audible books out of the local library?