Sunday, July 29, 2018

Two More and Then Reorganizing for Awhile

First twelve are done and I really like this bunch.  It was another one I wasn't sure about when doing the auditioning.



This is the fabric that I used and the triangles were each about 3 3/4 inches high.  There were 48 altogether so I figured two quilts with the above set.



I have mentioned and showed before my auditioning process but thought I would re-show what I do.  Watching tv, I sit the bunches of triangles on my lap and  twist them around until I get a look that I like.  Sometimes I look for a color framing the middle and sometimes I try to get one of the colors to concentrate in the middle.  These three are the three different orientations of one set of triangles.

This has a nice ring of green in the middle.
This concentrates the blue but would probably disappear when sewn.


The first one is complete.  I used the back of the bright yellow fabric I used in the previous day's quilts.  It was much mellower. I decided to go with some white in the middle for variety.  I literally pieced small lengths of fabric to make that last border.  It was the remainder from the fabric used to make the hexagons.



This is the center of the second quilt before the borders were added.  Surprisingly, I got the whole thing finished today!


 This is the second one finished.  I did a smaller bunch of white in the middle and I think I like it better.  For some reason, the yellow in the above picture is too bright-- isn't that way in person   This picture portrays it better.  I will probably keep one of these as I do like them!

I have used all the triangles that I had cut up.  I still have a bag of hexagons that I really like so will probably save those for later.  I want to show off those hexies to their best advantage so have to think about it.

I will head to the basement and see how many quilt backs I can get from my boxes!  I have actually been sewing so much, I think I have actually emptied one bookcase if I do some combining!  

No comments: