Sunday, October 25, 2020

Autumn Fabric Stack and Whacks

For some reason, I decided to cut up this autumn fabric into three different sizes of squares so determining sets was a little tricky as I like to use all of them and also like at least a lap quilt out of them.  These were the largest with a finished size of 6 1/2 inches.  The biggest challenge was the next size was 6 inches so had to be careful which ones I was using and even then had at least one mistake!


Looking pretty good for this fabric which I am completely sick of!


Done!!


This is the second set which are 6 inches finished.  I thought I would use this arrangement but it would have necessitated too many borders (which is my least favorite part of  making tops).




I finally decided on this set but didn't have enough of the green (which is one of my hand dyes) to use for the main part of the sashing.

Didn't have enough of the green to surround those outside "posies" and actually had to do one partial seam to finish this one up.  Luckily I have lots of this black which I would like to use as I just don't use black anymore.  I have used so much white in these quilts that usage is measured in bolts not yards!!  Luckily I had quite a bit of white that was not suitable for dyeing!  We won't talk about how much I still have for dyeing!!



Here is the remainder which is enough for a baby quilt.  I have used a neutral beige for the alternating squares.  It will require a 2 inch border to make it 40 inches square so will use some green to pull it together.  Orange is just too much!!  I will be very glad to get these squares used up!  These squares finished to 4 1/2 inches!
 

No comments: