Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Oh Yes, More!!



This may look familiar for long time readers.  I bought all the rest of the bolt of fabric at Joann's last year as it was only $1.80/yd and I knew it would make good stack and whacks.  This is probably the fourth quilt I have made with this fabric and there is one more below!!



I actually had enough fabric left over that I was able to add a border with it.


I still have a bunch of blocks made with an even prettier color palette of this same fabric.  I am getting really bored with it however.  I try to do different sets to alleviate said boredom but there are only so many ways to use these blocks that don't require a ton of work.  As they are all charity quilts, I am only willing to put in so much effort!



These are the "posies" from the same fabric and then the challenge of a different set.



I wanted to get rid of the remainder of this navy blue sateen which is annoying to work with.  I wanted to liven it up a bit so decided to alternate the yellow and the blue as borders on the blocks.  I put one inch sashing between the blocks and 1 1/2 inch between the rows.  I wanted to make a cot sized quilt which now measures about 40 x 70.  It's hardly noticeable that I used the two different sizes but did allow the quilt to be about four inches longer!


Now it's on to the next batch!  I still have bags of completed blocks.  I really want to get back to something a bit more artsy!


It was fun to participate in a Zoom meeting of our QBTS guild yesterday.




 

No comments: