Saturday, November 14, 2020

I Spy!!

This is the beginning of an "I Spy" quilt for a special girl.  I found these blocks when looking for projects to work on when laid up this summer.  I made two quilts 11 years ago with more of these blocks and have enough left for a good sized quilt for 3 1/2 year old.
 

Making quite a bit of progress on the top  It has been a challenge putting it together as I tried to put pairs together so that I didn't have quite as much variation in the surrounding triangles.  I had randomly added the triangles to the hexagons.  I still have about 10 more rows to go and then I will start sewing the rows together.  I do a little each day but am still trying to make a dent in all those stack and whack blocks I have.  I am currently working on 3 from the same fabric as I had 117 blocks!!



Another top from the blocks that were a little larger than the baby quilt blocks.


This is the baby quilt made from the smaller version of the above blocks.  I have actually been dipping quite a bit into my hand dyed fabric lately for these quilts and may have to dye some more yellow, purple and green!

No comments: