Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Two More Done!

I found a plastic bag full of these four patches as well as the makings for more.  Couldn't remember what kind of quilt I made before so looked at my Pinterest page with all of my quilts!
I didn't do exactly the same set as I rarely do!  I went through my bag of blue 2 1/2 inch strips and found enough of these to surround the four patches.



I thought I had given away all my 1 1/2 inch strips but found quite a few and just sewed them randomly together.  With my Juki 2010, it was super fast and they don't stretch like they do on my Bernina.  I basically made the whole baby quilt  top in a few hours..


I found another bag of blocks I did this summer and it contained several more plastic bags filled with blocks!  These were pretty flower blocks.



I needed to decide on background and fillers betwee the blocks.  This was my first thought.


This is what I thought I was going to do when I stopped for the day.




I ended up doing this, however as I wanted the flower blocks to be shown at their best and the other sets were too distracting for my eyes.  I do like radial symmetry. This was also done in just a few hours.


Next are some large posie blocks -- 71 of them which will be made into 2 good size quilts for Sweet Charity.  The fabric for these is a bit boring.  

I am a compulsive finisher and want to get all these blocks made up into tops at least.  I really know now that I really have to like the fabric to do stack an whacks justice and not bore myself to death.


 

No comments: