Friday, December 29, 2017

Addendum to My Addendum!!

A serene sunset to calm myself before having to blast the Edyta Sitar pattern which I thought originally was just incomplete but now know it is wrong besides everything else!!  Thank goodness for design walls.  This is not the first time I have had this happen to me.  The first time when I wrote the author, she was incredibly rude and not apologetic at all explaining that the problem was corrected in future editions of the pattern (The Professional Tote).  The second time it happened, the author was super thankful as she was about to re-issue the pattern.  She immediately sent me a correction plus two free patterns.  We shall see what happens this time as I did write the author.


Anyway here is the way I had it together and how it would look if you placed the darks in the orientation she illustrated.  As I mentioned yesterday, I thought that the greatly differing values of the lights were what caused it to look off to me.  However, it just didn't look right this morning.  Again, I thought maybe because I hadn't sewn it together.  Then I finally started twisting the blocks around so they were "facing" in the other direction.  If you look at my previous post, you will see that I had originally placed them that way but switched them after looking at the position of the dark side illustrated in the pattern.  At that time, I was worried about not sticking to the pattern because of the confusion of doing a difficult pattern differently!!


Now you can see the difference.  This is how they should be but it results in the Snails Trails going in the opposite direction than pictured on her final quilt.  The disparity is between steps 2 and 3 in the pattern. The variability of the lights is okay now so that will save some cutting. 


I am making progress slowly though.  The pattern is called Slow and Steady.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yes! I kept wondering why it seem so muddled..not clear snails like the pattern.
Are you going to carry on with this version? I think it looks very good now, and it doesn't have to go in the direction the photo shows.
Sandy