Sunday, January 28, 2018

QBTS -- A Day of Making Neonatal Quilts

Saturday was a perfect day for working on baby quilts at the New Hanover Orthopedic Hospital where we get to use one of the conference rooms once a month.  There was quite a good sized group on Saturday and lots of quilt tops were finished.

People are busily working.  The really neat part was that almost everyone did a different variation of the quilt using the same blocks!  I got pictures of a lot of them but not all.  This is a creative group!











This last one was the one I was working on.  I just chain pieced like crazy and ended up making just about enough blocks to complete the quilt in an "on point" arrangement ( 59 out of the 61 I needed).  I had all these scraps left over from the Augusta Cole class last year.  It doesn't look like my scrap pile has decreased at all though.  I have seen a couple of other quilts on Pinterest that might be a little less fussy (although this was easy) and may use some of the strips for one of these.  

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Thanks Beth, for the blog!! We had a great day. You quilt looks amazing!!