I was going through plastic bags of "stuff" during my clean up and found a bag with bunches of these pieces and two completed blocks. I hadn't remembered making a quilt from these but looking through my quilts on Pinterest, I found the quilt and remember it now. It was too much temptation and so I made a few more blocks.
An hour later, I had nine blocks! But I decided I needed more variety so went through some of the boxes I had and found some more different purples, greens and orange/yellows.
So now I have 16 blocks which if I had a two inch border will make a baby sized quilt but I am contemplating doubling that for a cot sized quilt. I, of course, have lots and lots of pieces left.
Each block is made up of 1 2 1/2 inch x 9 1/2 in strip, 3 3 1/2 inch squares and 2 5 inch squares. I will be moving these pieces around as it looks best when you have some of the fabrics butting up next to each other in side by side blocks. Then the blocks disappear. It makes up very fast!
I actually have at least one more of the larger rosettes done since taking this picture. You can see I am progressing on the Passacaglia quilt.
I am trying to spend 2 hours a day groing through my fabric and selecting those that I will keep and those that will be sold or given away. I also spend about 2 hours a day doing the hand sewing on the Passacaglia while watching mindless television!