Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Some More Baby Quilts!

Judy came into our Handmade with Love group (another charity group I  belong to) with this very simple pattern consisting of a 6 1/2 inch block made with two different orientations.

This and the following are the two orientations. The white squares are 2 1/2 x 2 1/2, the middle rectangles are 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 and the smaller rectangles are 4 1/2 x 2 1/2.



This is a closeup of how they are placed and how I chose to quilt the following quilt as well as the oe above.  Doing an overall quiling seemed to be the best choice with this quilt.



The finished quilt is 40 x 58.


This is the last quilt to use the striped pieces that run down the center of each block.  It is a QAYG.

This was a change of pace!  I picked up the wild fabric for the squares from a "free" table at Guild this week  I had been assembling the 4 patches out of some random leftover fabric.  I was looking them this afternoon, spotted the free fabric and thought I should just put them together -- all done in the space of 2 hours!  Just have to decide on he border fabric, baste it and get it quilted!



 

No comments: