Monday, April 29, 2024

Back in New York, Unpacked and Trying To Get Some Tops Finished!

 

I cut up a bunch of fabric when I was down South for stack and whack blocks which I would put together up here.  One of our quilt club members is collecting 24 x 36 inch sized quilts for the Neonatal unit at the local hospital so I figured I had enough leftover batting to make a few.  

I had a ton of these blocks.  I have over 50 more blocks to finish so may make those into a bigger quilt top which I will take back with me.  The guild in the South provides backing which the one  up here does not and I spent enough on the fabric to not want to spend a lot more on batting!  I think this one is prettier in person than in the photo.  I don't have the photo editting software on this computer that i had on my old computer.



I somehow managed to turn this image but you can see it.  Another stack and whack posie set of blocks.  Only had a couple of left after making this one,.


This and the next quilt were made from blocks like the ones in the previous blog.  I still have a couple of bags of strips to make more!

I have a whole box full of 5 in squares which means there will be some quilts utilizing those before too long!!

No comments: