Friday, June 7, 2024

What To Do With 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 Strips!

Well, this actually uses not only those 4 1/2 in strips that I had a ton of, but also uses 2 1/2 in shite squares and 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 in pieces.  I have made several quilts from these 2 blocks which I illustrated in an earlier blog.  I will put borders on this and it will end up about 40 x 60.  I will quilt it down in the south when I get there.





 
These next two are the so-caled potato chip blocks and are made totally of 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 strips.    These will end up as 40 x 40 for the neo-natal quilts.  Super easy block to make.  These are totally scrappy!

This one hasn't been sewn together yet and I will rearrange a couple of the pieces!


We had a great RAFA meeting this week with Joyce Martelli teaching us how to make origami books using  2 5 in pieces of cardboard, 2 pieces of 7 in square fabrics and 3 pieces of paper 8 1/2 in square. It was great fun!!  Here is mine done and expanded up.






Here it is all closed up.  You can put pictures in or writing on the surfaces.

I had to share this fantastic felted piece that Demaris did of her cat! It even has some cat whiskers which she saves when she finds them!

No comments: