Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Slowly Using Up All Those Previously Cut Pieces !

I had a huge pile of 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 in strips as well as an overstuffed bag with 3 1/2 4 patches.  Usually when making this pattern I use 3 1/2 in x 7 1/2 strips but decided to use what I had.  Between this and the following quilt, I used up over 200 4 patches and actually had to made about 20 more to complete both of them!

This has one block turned around which I subsequently fixed but somehow lost the picture!  It took me 45 minutes to undo and redo as the bad block is on one of the insde spots!

I dug into my 5 inch squares and found enough variety to made this top which has lots of flowers and animals in it.


I am now diving into a huge bag of 60 degree triangles all in purple!!  I have lights, mediums and darks.  I will first make one of my "bagel" style quilts and then not sure as there is probably enough pieces to make several good sized quilts.  This bag of scrap 60 degree triangles is probably close to 30 years old!!  What was I thinking!!





No comments: