Monday, July 16, 2007

Flower Power - Ode to My 60's


Another day of working on the Hoffman Challenge. I took the plunge and started to machine quilt the heck out of it. I started with each of the "petals" and quilted some depth into them and then did a circle stitch in the middle of each of the flowers. Now still have to do the centers of the Hoffman fabric flowers and then on to the background. (by clicking on the picture, you can see the detailed stitching)
The bigger challenge is to walk away from the sewing machine so I won't be crippled for the next six months from too much tense work!!

Well, after finishing the quilting on the foreground, I started the background!! And then I undid the background which I didn't like the looks of. So, it is as done as it is going to be. With the new reading glasses, it was easier to undo all the stitching I had done but still tricky. Luckily, I had only done the bottom left corner which is probably where the eye goes to last so hopefully, it won't be too noticeable. I finally am relatively pleased with a rather boring traditional piece.

No comments: