Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Class with Priscilla Kibbee - Day 2

wWell, we arrived bright and early to commence day 2! Mary and Lynn had obviously done work overnight and arrived with some pieced areas.
I finished up the back of my jacket and started the daunting task of doing the front designs. I had drawn out something the night before and of course forgot to bring it so Priscilla and I sat down and tried to recreate my thoughts. She encouraged me to do a more complex Seminole piecing than I probably would have and helped me pick out the colors to use. I spent most of the rest of the day getting that Seminole piece done so that I would have it for both sides of the front.

When I looked at it from a distance, much to my chagrin, the red disappeared a bit so will add some more red to the front. I bought some work home to do tonight but who knows if I will get it done!! I didn't arrive home til 7 and have to be back at class tomorrow morning at 9 in the morning.


Beverly made real progress today and her jacket back looks fantastic


as does Lynn's. This is the back of Lynn's jacket

Mary's is really taking shape and will be a beautiful jacket as well. Marcia finally made some real progress today as well as her customer wasn't calling every half hour with more work for her to do.

Marcia's studio is perfect for this kind of class. The design walls are to die for and all around. The lighting is fantastic -- you never have to use a flash for pictures. I love wheeling around in my chair as there is no carpeting to catch you and you don't have to trip over electric wires as there are plugs in the floor! Marcia thought of everything.

Rufus was a big hit today again. If I ever have a dog......

No comments: