Friday, October 5, 2007

A Lazy Day with Some Overdyeing!

Well, it was a lazy day today but I did manage to get all the rest of the double dyes ironed last night and did some more overdyeing with leftover dye this afternoon. Hopefully it will improve several of the pieces I didn't care for. All of the ones I didn't like (almost) were the yellows that I overdyed with the turquoise/fuchsia/sun yellow brown. It emphasizes to me the fact that I don't like to use the sun yellow and you really need to use much more of the turquoise than you think - it just can't compete with the other two in the mix.

I think I will attempt more of the drip dyeing tomorrow since it is again going to be an extra warm day up here in Western NY. We have NEVER in the almost 40 years we have lived here, had weather like this for so long!! It is a shock to see the marigolds and dahlias still brightly blooming and our neighbors still getting produce from their gardens.

Well the results are in and here are the overdyes. Again, they didn't photo well. The greens are okay, the blues are luscious and rich and so is the one brown. The greens were really hideous before so they are improved and I can see where one might use them as background. Will have to see how they look after ironing!

No comments: