Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Secret is Out!

Okay, okay, I confess -- I bought the beach house so that I would have a place to both cover new beds with quilts and lots and lots of walls on which to hang my pictoral quilts! Of course I must get my daughter's approval before I hang but so far, so good! There are lots of blank walls though and many on which there is no sun so that the quilts won't fade in all the wonderful sunshine here (well, maybe I also bought the house to get winter sunshine). The pelican now hangs downstairs where we have the room with the two futons. Now it is screaming for a rug and some lamps.



This Yellowstone abstract ended up at the top of the stairs going to the second floor. A beautiful picture of a Great Blue (done by my sister) hangs right outside our bedroom on a just right sized wall. That has been the biggest challenge -- getting the right things on the right walls so they wouldn't be swamped or look too big.

The beautiful Guatemalan rug with the cats hangs on the landing of the third floor and looks perfect there as well!


I did finish both of the kalaidoscopish tops (although I haven't put their borders on yet). This is the one that had jungle animals on it. It will get bordered with some medium green.



This is the second of the tops and it also will get bordered in green. I will probably add some of the original fabric that is cut apart to make the hexagons in the borders as well and that is home. Each of these tops is about 25 x 40 inches. Now to create some "fabric" with all the fabric strips I have around here. Not much sewing is getting done as the weather has been far too nice to stay inside. We might get a little rain later this week.

2 comments:

Gail said...

The jungle animal top is amazing! I had to click on the picture for a better look to really see the animals. Wow. I'm impressed!

Fiber Art Barb said...

I love your work- please come over to my site- I have been a fiber art quilter for over 40 years- love different dying techniques too-