Thursday, May 6, 2010

Me, Four Kitties and Four Litter Boxes

The first project that has to be done is getting the pattern drafted for my next project -- the lions. To that end, I have had nothing but help from my local lion colored feline - George. If I can get 10 minutes of work done before he climbs up to help, I am lucky! I no sooner put him down, then he jumps up again. I put my foot down when he started chewing on the tracing paper however.


George doesn't take no for an answer and finds the exact middle of the drawing to plop.

Now the kitties have inadvertently been responsible for my inability to even move around this trip. My first full day here bending over to scoop the litter and oops, sharp pains in my back and now I walk bent over like a 90 year old lady. I can sit and sleep, just can't get up easily nor can I walk standing up straight. This has curbed my usual activity quite a bit. This is not helped by the fact that I am here by myself for a couple of weeks and responsible for four litter boxes belonging to four cats! Good thing I have wheely chairs so I can do the litter sitting down.

With some luck, I will get the drafting done on the picture and can move on to the many other projects that I have brought down to do! I just hope I am mostly cured by the time my granddaughter arrives in about ten days. I'll scare her with my current posture!

It is beautiful here though with wonderful breezes all the time. The water is warming up as well and recovering sitting on the porch reading good novels* isn't too bad a way to recuperate.

*The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire, both by Stieg Larsson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm about a third of the way through The Girl Who Played with Fire. I loved his first book and preordered this one. Have fun recouperating! Can't wait to see your lions. Perhaps sometime you can tell how you go from phot to line drawing?