Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Visit to Quilting by the Lake

Well, normally I would have some pictures to tempt you to take courses there next year but..... The "powers that be" have decided absolutely no pictures are to be taken at the quilt show or in any of the classrooms. In my opinion, this is beyond overkill -- don't they realize the that it is good advertising for the venue and the quality of the teachers. I don't know any bloggers that don't respect a sign on a student's work that says "Please No Photos". This would seem a better solution than such an absolute prohibition. All of the classes I have taken in other venues have taken this latter approach.


As I spent very little time there except to see a few friends, I decided to detour on the way home and go to the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. I knew it was a poor time of day to see any birds but thought I would check it out for a fall visit. Well, they have drained the main area!! They are rebuilding the habitat so much of the trail is closed as well. At least there were some beautiful wildflowers and it was a beautiful day for a drive! I didn't have binoculars with me but seeing Canada Geese close up is not much of a thrill anyway!


I believe these are wild Mallows! They certainly were large, plentiful and beautiful.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Just to pass on to QBL, blogs and pictures from workshops are how I decide what I want to take! Often the class descriptions are not adequate and the pictures and comments from an unaffiliated party are what I often base my decisions on! Oh well,.... I am enjoying your flower gallery!

Unknown said...

I agree about the picture policy. I was glad to be able to attend last year and see your mola quilt in person. It was fun to see them all hanging!