Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Monoprinting, etc.....

It hasn't been a particularly productive few days as life does intrude sometimes! Next week I will be gone for a few days camping so here has been a little prep work for that as well as my birthday which I celebrated by doing nothing but sit and read! These are my birthday flowers from my dear husband. He knows how much I love Birds of Paradise so they star in this arrangement which also includes an eggplant!


I am now getting near the end of the monoprinting as the dyes are now about a week old. Socks and tshirts soon to follow as that is what I do with the old dyes! I kind of liked this one.
This is another of the monoprints. I have been trying all sorts of ways of applying the dyes onto the surface to see what will happen. Many of these could be improved with another layer of paint maybe through a silkscreen. Will have to see what patterns I have. This is probably my favorite. Again these are all about 30" x 60 ". I only have one large piece left that has been pretreated with the soda ash.

This is the most boring of the monoprints. It contains basically only the warm colors I had and they blended a bit too much but okay for yardage!



I managed to forget to pick up a quilt that had been in an exhibit so had to drive out to a fellow RAFA member's house. I couldn't resist this water lily in a pond in her front yard. I LOVE water lilies too!




I drove home the long way along Lake Ontario (I live just two miles south of the lakeshore) and found these mute swans swimming in an area in a little park with a boat launch.

No comments: