Friday, February 25, 2011

Before the Storm -- at Marcia's for the Day

What a surprise to come to Marcia's and see this lovely pictoral that Priscilla is working on!! She used one of those free pieces of software to blow up a drawing she did from a photograph. And even Marcia was using a tracing box to set up a new piece (a little more abstract though). My day was spent continuing to number all the pieces in the lion quilt so that when I cut the templates apart, they will go back together again! I finally got into a rhythm yesterday improving my process and am almost done with the numbering at least. It was easier to do all the numbering at once and then go back and add the tick marks and x's to the pattern pieces. It is a tricky process to be able to reverse all this onto the freezer paper.

Marcia isn't quite finished with this piece in her jet trails series but it is wonderfully vibrant and she used beautiful sateens. Of course she will do a magnificent job of machine quilting after it is done.

I had to take a picture of Priscilla's stash of greens which filled most of two tables.

And then it was fun to see the beautiful pile of fabrics that Marcia was working from.

This is part of another jet trails that Marcia has just started working on - beautiful!
Well, Mother Nature is providing me with some nice wet snow to do some snow resist dyeing. Today will be really random!!! I found a box of small containers of dyes that I bought on super sale at Joanns years ago -- little squeeze bottles with the urea already added and a bit of dye powder (I know they are Procion though). For some reason, there are no labels about what colors they are!!! So it will be interesting to see whether there is any active dye left and what color they turn out to be! They all look pretty dark in the bottles. I have 25 of these and put water into about 5 for the experiments today! We shall see!

No comments: