Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lemons to Lemonade, Snow to Snow Dyes

This is about 1/8 of a 2 yard piece of my most recent snow resist dyes. These were literally done with old dyes that had been in solution for a week as well as some miscellaneous small bottles of dyes with no labels so I had no idea what color I would get. I don't even know if I got any color from them!! Really is time to order some of my favorite colors! This was a pretty raspberry colored piece though -- looks like flowers to me!
This was my favorite of the three tshirts I did. I have since overdyed two others but I am still not satisfied with one so will probably overdye again!! Again these are the Basic Editions from Kmart. I like the colors and patterning on this one. I wait for them to be on sale and then buy all in white in two sizes at least!

Again like the above, about 1/8 of a two yard piece. This was mostly yellows and basic brown.

This is a pretty rich piece with lots of different colors. This shows only a small bit of the whole piece.



Nancy C came today to get some help from Priscilla in adding shoulder pads to a garment she had made in one of Priscilla's classes. It is just a beautiful jacket!

This is the back view of the above jacket. Lots of Seminole and couching here.

The tick marks on the main freezer paper pattern for my lions are pretty much done. Now just to find an 8 foot by 8 foot design wall space in my house so I can complete the piece!!

Priscilla is proceeding with her leaves and they are really shaping up.
Marcia was working on her newest jacket but we won't see a picture until next time!

No comments: