I finally saw my first Horned Grebe but he was escaping fast when he saw my car. I think the increased traffic down there is keeping my usual birds to a minimum.
Well the real purpose of this blog is to share the progress on this new quilt which I decided to do on point. I really liked this series of blue/green fabrics that I did and there were several nice pieces. However, I decided not to use this format as it just looked too busy to me even though it was fine for the last quilt. My quilts don't let me have much say in how they want to end up -- they chatter at me until I get it right.
So I went with only four blocks in the corners. I surrounded each of these small blocks with a thin strip of the dark green.
I changed out one of the blocks then decided to set all the small blocks in white so here the inside of the quilt is finished and measures about 45 inches square.
Decided that I was going to go with the side look which excludes the turquoise. There is a 1 1/2 inch green, 1/4 inch yellow green and then a 4 1/2 inch strip of other dyed fabric. I am a little uncertain about not repeating the turquoise but am hoping there is enough in the blocks. I will heavily quilt the white area. It will be about 63 x 63 when done. There was a lot of square of the hypotenuse calculations for this one.