Monday, October 15, 2018

Travels of a Leaf Peeper! Part I

Well, I haven't been online for about a month  now for a variety of reasons!  I was supposed to come down to my winter home in North Carolina about a month ago but Hurricane Florence made my destination an island off of another island basically.  I was supposed to head to New England with a friend starting in North Carolina.  A few days before the trip, it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to get to my winter home as so many roads were closed.  So last minute we replanned and headed to New England from Rochester.

First we took the back roads through the Adirondacks  and took a ferry across Lake Champlain to Shelbourne Vermont.  From there we headed to Mt. Washington in New Hampshire and then onto Acadia National Park in Maine trying to stick to back roads for leisurely rides.  We then went down the coast to Portland Maine, Boston and ended in Cape Cod before heading back to Rochester.

This first picture was of a surprise falls in the Adirondacks called Wadham Falls.  Pictures don't do justice to this beautiful cascading set of falls.  We weren't the only ones just stopping the car to take pictures!


Just a view in the Adirondacks as we were driving along.  This was through the car window.


Just another view of Wadham Falls.


My partner in crime with the autumn leaves in the background at Shelbourne Museum.  We concentrated on the textiles and circus buildings.  It is a huge place.  I did get to see some of the paintings as well which I hadn't seen the last time I was there.  Below are several of the many quilts that they rotate through.







Vicki is enjoying a ride on the carousel at Shelbourne.

Onward to Mt. Washington in Part II.

No comments: