Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Just One More Post

In the process of getting things together for my winter in the south, I found this relatively ugly leaf print that I bought years ago.  I thought it might work up nicely into a four patch stack and whack and I think I was right.  This first set ended up being 6 1/2 inches finished (3 3/4 inch squares).  I then proceeded to try some that finished at 6 inches (3 1/2 inch squares) and then proceeded to do some that finished to 4 1/2 inches (2 3/4 inch squares).  I thought I would mingle them on point putting smaller finished squares between the big squares.  However....

This is the fabric which, although the pattern is big, only had about a 12 1/2 inch repeat.

The first bunch of squares on point (I always like things on point as seems to convey movement to me).

This is the second bunch of squares which finish to 6 inches and a test to see if I like the intersection and also to see if I like back around the squares.  No to the intersection and yes to the black.  I have found I really prefer with these "posie" blocks to have them standing some distance apart and individually framed. I really do like radial symmetry!!  

This is the third set of blocks which finish to 4 1/2 inches.  I am happy that you can still see a radial pattern in these even with the large blocks of color.

These will not get finished for awhile while I decide what to do.  These beg for some different settings which I always like to do.

I am heading down to winter home in a bit so unpacking my car will take a great deal of my attention for awhile!!

No comments: