Friday, September 20, 2019

Spin Quilt and Probably Done for a Bit


The blue worked out well for the sashing!  I barely had enough to put a border around the outside and had to piece all four sides.  Luckily this is a fabric that literally doesn't show a seam if you are more than a few inches away!

As I wanted it to be at least 40 inches wide (it is 38 right now), I figured I needed at least one more border.  I tried several pieces of fabric that didn't work.

I finally decided to go with a very thin strip of the yellow from the centers and then found this piece in my stash which seemed to be perfect!!

And it's done!!  I have to start getting stuff together to transport south so probably won't get too much more done.  First, I have to get backings for all the quilts and match them up.  I made progress on this earlier today so hopefully that will be done today.  I have been gradually getting the strips downstairs -- they are really heavy as I compacted them in  2 1/2 gallon zip loc bags which probably weigh between 5 and 10 pounds each!!  I did this with all the 2 1/2 and 2 inch strips.  The smaller strips are just stuffed in baggies.  Hopefully I will have enough room for everything.  

No comments: