Tuesday, September 17, 2019

New Totes and Spin Block Beginnings

Well as I said in my last post, I did make the two totes with the 16 squares I made with my new favorite block.  I think there will be more quilts using these colors and this pattern in the future.  Of course there will be variations as I get bored really easily!!

Another view of the totes, showing the lining fabrics.  The sides and the bottoms of the two bags are the blue that is in the handles and was also used with the quilt top in the background.  I think I will get through the whole two yards I had with these various projects.

This is the pile of 2 in scraps that is sitting next to the sewing machine waiting for a quilt!



Decided to do the "spin" block I had originally intended to do before I got side-tracked with the totes and the quilt!!  I actually auditioned a duller yellow for the middle but it just didn't do it so went with this slight orange yellow.  I would also see this as a red/blue/yellow palette which is an unusual combination for me.  I tend to stick with the secondary colors.  I really like this one though and it will be hard to give up!

All the blocks are done (although not in their final places yet) and am auditioning the blue as sashing and border and think it will be perfect.  I am not going to do any cornerstones with this one.  I may add another border or two but haven't decided yet.   I am starting to get my stuff ready to head south in about three weeks so good part of my strips stash has already made the trip downstairs.  

I do love this block and it is soooo easy, especially since I put the pattern on the back of one of my rulers which aids in the cutting of the blocks.  Also, very happy I have a 10 1/2 square ruler so squaring up the blocks is a cinch!

This quilt will be about 40 x 65 when done.

No comments: