Friday, September 13, 2019

GVQC September Meeting

!
It was the first meeting of the 2019-2020 year of GVQC and the last meeting I will get to before spring.  There was an incredible showing of our "comfort" quilts in this meeting.  Altogether there were 50 quilts turned in (if you count the three shown during show and tell).  This was probably my favorite of the bunch.  I tried to pick out some of the unusual ones to show in the blog although I took pics of an awful lot of them!!

At the beginning of the parade, there were about 15 of this kind so I assume either one person did them or it was one of the "kits" that the group puts together to make these quilts.  

This is a closeup of the above block!  Forgive the slightly fuzzy pics as I was way back and couldn't get the light quite right.

 These were a few more that caught my eye as possibilities for future baby quilts.


There were several that used all different size strips.


I liked the graphic quality of this one with the use of black and white.  Another simple use of fabrics!




This picture and the next were three quilts shown during show and tell by our Margaret M.  They are all the same simple block.


Nancy L showed this lovely quilt which is all machine appliqued.




These caught my eye but I don't know the quilter.


Pretty quilt in all neutrals.


 A challenge made from a bag of brown scraps to which the quilter added orange for some color!

Last but not least is this year's raffle quilt which was made with blocks left over from last year's quilt which raised $5000 for the club.  It is all hand quilted and stunning!!  The Club members really outdid themselves!

No comments: