Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February QBTS Meeting -- Trunk Show by Sheila Plock!

Our program for the February meeting was a trunk show by relatively new member, Sheila Plock.  She originally hails from Penna and says her fabric choices for the earlier quilts really reflect the area.  I can really identify with that as my quilting has really changed (color preferences) since moving down to NC.  I use a heck of a lot more white and bright colors.  I really think you are affected by your surroundings.  Sheila makes primarily scrap quilts (of course my favorite as well).  Her quilts were just beautiful in person and my photos don't really do them complete justice and I did miss a few at the beginning but tried to get most of them.

















I added a second picture of this one so you could see the detail and obvious fussy cutting i some of the stars.

I will post a second post with some of the neonatal quilts and our show and tell in the next blog!  It was too much to include in one!

1 comment:

Pat Winterrowd said...

Oh Sheila, The Material Girls really miss you! Your work has always been inspirational. Your quilt show is beautiful. I am so glad to see that you have found a nice group of ladies in North Carolina. Hopefully you can join us for quilt camp soon!
Pat