Thursday, December 2, 2021

DJ Quilt Almost Finished and a Few Birds for Your Viewing Pleasure!

Well, birds first!  This is a Clapper Rail which is an  infrequent visitor and very shy.  He hid out awhile and then came back out.


This is an Eastern Phoebe, a frequent visitor to my daughter's back yard fence.
This is a Forster's Tern and there were a lot of them visiting down at Ft. Fisher.



This is a Kildeer which is a frequent visitor down here!



Another shot of the Clapper Rail.


This was  my second audition.  The first which is what I thought I would use was inserting a white piece before this darker piece but I just didn't like the look


Auditioning borders and this was the final decision.


It's all together except for the binding which I am in  the process of sewing down now.  I am very happy with sewing it in quarters despite the fact that this was a very difficult quilt to do this with because of stitching close to the edge.  I made a few mistakes and it is a little wonky in places but overall the picture doesn't do it justice!  I used a dark brown batik for the binding and hopefully, I will get it in the mail by the end of this week.  This will be the last picture!


 

No comments: