Sunday, January 2, 2022

New Year and More Baby Quilts!

 

Not my usual clear fireworks shots because of a lot of fog!  Happy New Year though!  
This Snowy Egret was really posing for me one afternoon and may end up in a quilt!  I haven't done a Snowy Egret quilt yet.


These are two of the three baby quilts that I have made in recent days from leftovers from years past!  Of course, the reason I didn't finish them earlier was because I was short one or more of the components.  So cut I do and then I am short of some other component and I get bored, so the remaining pieces get stored away for another day when I rediscover them!



I don't usually promote products on my blog, but have to say that I love my Stripology XL ruler which is one of those slotted rulers for doing many cuts at once.  I have other rulers but like this one the best as it is extra wide and has a rough bottom so it doesn't slip.  I am in the process of making four-patches ind in this photo I have sewed many sets of scrappy combinations.  There are 11 strip sets overlapping in this picture, ready for the ruler.


Here I have done the cutting and now have 110 halves for the four patches.  I had another 8 strips to go so altogether have 190 halves which will make 95 four patches.  All this cutting took about five minutes and is  impossibly accurate!


I am auditioning sets here.  Altogether, there would be four of these to make up the baby quilt top.  (I do need to border these which I will do when I get the batting as they are only 36 inches square and need to be 40 inches square.)


As I have enough for six baby quilts, I am sure I will use this set for at least a couple and maybe turn the individual blocks around so that the darker ones are in the center!




This is another alternative which I have used before.  the blocks march in a diagonal across the quilt alternating between darker and lighter.  I have made this variation before.


I had a huge pile of the black and white fabrics stored away and hopefully these baby quilts will make a dent in that and also hopefully I won't have to cut more up!!







No comments: