Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Still More Baby Quilts in Process!

I keep discovering bags of leftovers from previous quilts.  The leftovers used in this top are from a mystery quilt I did a couple of years ago.  They are 3 1/2 inches square,  so the four patches were again made with 2 in strips.  I had a bunch of white strips left over and cut down a bunch of 2 1/2 in strips left over from the disappearing rail fences I did last month.  I have actually used up most of my pre-cut green 2 inch strips in.   I had initially decided to make it 13 x 13 or 39 inches square but finally decided on 12 x 12 to which I will add borders.





This is the top as of this evening.  When I went to bed last night, it was partially done and of course a four patch was turned around in the middle so the first order of business was to rip out seams....All of these quilts are easy but putting them together leaves lots of room for mistakes as I have proven over and over!


Again, some more leftover blocks.  I didn't have enough of the green to make half square triangles for all the squares but think I like this better!  This is 40 x 40 inches so won't need a border.


Still more leftover 2 1/2 inch strips.  This was my first option for setting.  For some reason, I have never cared for this arrangement so I tried again with a more traditional layout.



So this will be the arrangement with which I will go.   It will need a border as it is only 36 x 36 currently.  I still have enough strips left over to do something else...


 

No comments: