Saturday, March 12, 2022

And Then There Were None Plus...

This was the last quilt made from those many many squares I had and I think it may be the most successful!  I entered it into our Club show.  I still have to put the aqua border around it and quilt it but I am committed now!  I am naming it "And There Were None".  This is just a simple "Disappearing Nine-Patch".





Our Quilter's By the Sea Guild here  in Wilmington is having a floral challenge and I do like to participate in these when I can and have an inspiration.  I was thinking the color of azaleas but certainly looking nothing like azaleas!  These are all my hand dyes and I am literally using real scraps for the background which will be a challenge.  The finished quilt has to be 24 in by 24 in. I have literally been grabbing leftover greens from various bags, some piece only a couple of inches long.  Every time I trim, I take the leftover pieces and piece them back together.


 

Here I was just auditioning the various greens to see if they looked okay.  I was also laying out the "flowers" to see how much space I had given the 24 in restriction.  All is good.


I have started piecing around the flowers here and do have even more done and it is slowly coming together!

Even more progress here and I have done a bit more.  Hopefully I will have the top done in a couple of days.  Then onto the quilting which will be another challenge but I think I know what I am going to do but won't rush it!

Once a month, I participate in a group that makes charity quilts and my friend Dianne makes up the kits.  There was an awful lot of familiar fabric in this one as I gave her all my Christmas fabric a couple of years ago!  Wouldn't you know, that was the quilt kit I picked to finish!





 

No comments: