Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Using up Those Squares Little by Little

 

This was my first thought on how to use some more of these pesky 4 1/2 inch squares.  It was okay but I found the green and aqua to be too intense so decided to try another setting!


This might look a bit familiar as it was how I was originally going to set up one of the other baby quilts before I decided I didn't like it!!  I had to make four additional blocks so that it came out the way I wanted but these blocks are soooo easy.  Each block is basically a 6 in square when finished so there will be a border on this (or a couple of borders as I am thinking thin yellow and then wider green) but these will have to wait until after they are basted and quilted!


Agaiin, another use for those 4 1/2 squares and I think it turned out very successfully!  I had purchased a bolt of extremely extremely inexpensive white cotton from Marshall Dry Goods and used this for the white squares.  I am very pleased with the quality but felt I needed to wash it ahead of time which I don't usually do.  This will also have a border but I haven't decided what color yet.  I still have enough squares left to do two more baby quilts.  I am thinking I am going to do disappearing nine-patches using these squares, the white squares and aqua blocks in the middle of the nine-patches.  The aqua seems to go with all these different blocks.



No comments: