Friday, February 25, 2022

Auditioning and New Baby Quilts

This was inspired by a quilt I found on Pinterest that had been sold on Etsy.  Mine is a little different but is along the same lines.  I was shocked to see that the one on Etsy sold for $130!!  And I have been giving away 10 at a time sometimes!  Too bad I am too lazy to ever try to do Etsy!

This was made from leftovers completely.  The black and white rectangles were already made and had been used in one of the previous baby quilts.  I always overachieve in cutting!  I still have enough to do another baby quilt.  The strips were 7 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide so I just added a 1 1/2 inch strip down the middle so they were square and did the stairstep arrangement.  I will still need to put a border on which will be yellow or green probably.



This was an attempt to use some of the 400 half square triangles that I made from those Hoffman "layer cakes".  I had planned on the arrangment auditioned in the last blog post but just didn't like it when I put it up on the design wall so contented myself with this arrangement  I probably won't do another of these but it was different and will be a good baby quilt.  No borders on this one.


This was an auditioning of a block made with more of those half square triangles as well as the 4 1/2  inch squares of the drop cloth fabric that I had cut all up.  If I finished it, the block would measure 24" square so making six blocks would be an okay size for Sweet Charity donation.  I am ready to give up these blocks as well as the half square triangles!!  I have a couple more ideas I have picked up from the internet for uses of the half square triangles so will try a couple of those as well before I give up an just donate the squares and half square triangles somewhere!



This was another attempt to do something with those squares I cut up.  


Here I have arranged the blocks from above with some blocks that have strips on two sides.  It still looks a little boring to me but an improvment and I haven't taken the time to really arrange them in any order here.  I am making 12 more blocks utilizing a pale yellow around the outside and a rose color.  Hopefully, this will perk it up a bit.  Will see how I like it and whether I will make it big enough for Sweet Charity.  It doesn't look like a baby quilt to me despite the paler colors.  We shall see!




 

No comments: