Saturday, December 31, 2022

Farmer's Wife 30s Blocks Continued!

I have continued to work on the Farmer's Wife 1930s blocks but they are much, much harder than the ones in the 1920s book.  I have decided not to do a few as they were just to hard to make a pattern or they were boring.  I will probably have 90 of the 100 blocks done by the time I have finished.  Here are a couple of my recent favorites.  I have a lot more variety of fabrics in my blocks than there is in the books and sometimes this makes for trouble for me as I only have a black and white printer so can only use value as a guide when selecting fabrics,







 

Here is an up to date look at the blocks I have done so far.  Some I like better than others!

This is the setting I will be using as well.  So many of the blocks in the 30s book look better on point than in a straight set.

I have been busy putting binding on charity quilts for a friend who is leaving the area and trying to get the machine quliting done on a large assortment of quilts.  I have gotten really good at machine binding quilts!  

No comments: