Sunday, January 8, 2023

Happy New Year!

Besides doing the binding on a bunch more charity quilts, I have been plugging away on the Farmer's Wife 30's quilts.  I did 14 of these last 8 days which is pretty impressive considering quite a few required templates, wonky angles and odd shapes.  Some I liked better than others.




This required templates and some fancy cutting and sewing to get those points to be points!  It is one of my favorites however.


This was actually one of the easier ones except I had to rip out seams three times on one side as I sewed it on backwards twice and then discovered after taking the picture (and this shows the mistake), I had to reverse two corners.



This one just has lots of pieces but I think it came out okay.  I have been combining as many as five or six different fabrics in each piece.



Another fairly easy one where I changed the color placement even from my created pattern!!



This one was very difficult and still a little wonky.  I also took this one apart after it was finished to change the corner pieces -- even though they were from the same fabric.  It looked unbalanced before.



This one I really like and it was only a little tricky but did require templates as many of the above ones did as well.  The darker pieces are from a scrap of fabric I marbled using black fabric as the base.  The medium blues with the points are literally scraps leftover from binding one of the charity quilts!

This is truly a scrap quilt as I keep a pile of scraps from cutting other pieces next to me and use them whenever I can.  I have also used several of the 10 inch squares I cut from patterned fabric in the summer.  You might recognize some Kaffe Fassett fabric as well as I finally brought it all south.  I do love the colors and boldness of the fabric and I have a lot of it!

 

No comments: