Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Different QAYG -- In Fact Three different Ones!

This is one of the alternate ones in process.  Here I am testing what I will use for sashing.  I also tried red and green but think I will probably go with the black.  This has been a challenge as I need 2 1/2 strips and the color selection up here in NY is not all that great!  I will be incorporating more yeillow and red and will try to find some more blue somewhere.  After I did the
first two blocks, I was convinced this wouldn't work but with a little tweaking, I think it will be okay.

This is one of the quilts I tried out in Electric Quilt 8.  I have used this software since buying EQ1 directly from the designers in Houston in the early 90s!  It has gotten more and more sophisticated over the years!  This is totally out of 2 1/2 in strips but could use miscellaneous size strips as well.  I think it is wise to be consistent with the middle strip though to kind of bring it together which is why the above quilt has been so challenging -- no unifying element which I think is important in scrap quilts.




I was trying to find some ways to use all those 5 inch squares I have and decided on this one -- again 10 inch squares like the above.  The white stripe is 1 3/4 inches wide finishing 1 1/4 inches. The outer strips will again be 2 1/2 in strips.

Here I substituted the black for the white strip.  May try both!
 


    

No comments: