Sunday, August 13, 2023

Quilt as You Go Continued!

This was my first thoughts about how to arrange the blocks and here I am testing 3 different sashing colors -- black, red or green.  I decided to go with the black.  All the blocks are complete here but not sewn together as it looks awfully busy and nothing seems to unify it.  Each of the blocks is of course 10 inches!  The middle blocks are 5 inch squares.



I decided to try the more traditional arrangement to help unify it a bit more and I think it works better.  If I had been consisted with one of the sets of strips in each block, the previous arrangement might have worked better.  This is okay.

Here I started to apply the sashing which is black on the front and the back.
All sewn together except for the binding which will be black as well.  Quilt will measure 40 in by 60 in and will go to one of the charity groups.

And, of course, here is the back!


 

No comments: